Being a mathematics teacher has opened up many possibilities in life for myself, professionally, as well as for my maths students.
Examples include teaching maths:
- and numeracy to individuals to help them succeed in careers like vet assistants or sommelier training
- and science to motor mechanic apprentices
- to trainee secondary teachers specialising in science and technology
- to adults returning to STEM education
- to ex combatants, refugees and immigrants who had missed schooling
- to young students aspiring to enter university to study in the STEM areas
- and exploring the use of coding with my nephew.
Infinite possibilities in mathematics continue.